2011/03/11

Inspiration SYD001 - The Noun Project

Have you heard about The Noun Project?
It's a hopefully growing library of free symbols, beautifully designed and simple graphics. I had a good browse today and initially just wanted to show you a selection of the symbols I liked, but then I started to have some fun with them. You can download the symbols and easily put them into illustrator.  I downloaded a whole heap of them, arranging them to tell little stories.
A nostalgic Hello! to the home country. South German Brezel und Bier yumm!







and a woodland camping scene.
Most of the symbols that make up the two images are designed by The Noun Project crew. Some of them are in the public domain and where originally designed by the US National Park Service amongst others. 
I had to stop myself from downloading more. Maybe I could use them to create a short comic strip. There are a lot of medicine related images, maybe an episode of emergency room? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment